January 25th, 2020
Hello, again AV8 neighbors! It is time for us to explore another spot near San Diego. This week, we are going to discover all the fun we can have in La Jolla, California.
La Jolla: Cove Beach
First up on our list is a trip to the beach. While this cozy seaside community is home to a number of beaches, Cove Beach is the most popular. Seeing as how we all need a cup of coffee to start the day, grab some fuel over at the nearby coffee shop, Harry’s Coffee Shop. They also serve breakfast and have an incredible French toast. From there, you have tons of options. One being heading down and watching the sea lions play.
As far as lunch is concerned, we highly suggest having a picnic over at Ellen Browning Scripps Park. And there is nothing wrong with ending the day with a walk along the beach as the sun sets. So far, this Cove Beach trip has been very family-oriented. If you happen to visit as a couple, we suggest grabbing a happy hour at either of the following spots:
- Beaumont’s Eatery. Their happy hour goes from 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Bella Vista Social Club & Caffe. Their happy hour goes from 4 PM to 7 PM.
- Nine-Ten. Their happy hour goes from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Karl Strauss Brewery. Their happy hour goes from 3 PM to 6 PM.
- Jose’s Court Room. Their happy hour goes from 3 PM to 6 PM.
Like Little Italy, there are tons of art galleries to visit in the area. Located along Girard Avenue or Prospect Street, you will find a number of galleries including:
- Martin Lawrence Galleries where you can find the works of Picasso and Warhol.
- LIK Fine Art La Jolla
- Legends Gallery
La Jolla: Best Restaurants in La Jolla
Last up are the restaurants. Our favorites include:
La Jolla is a small area and makes for a great family trip. Regardless of what ends up bringing you there, you are sure to have a great day. Safe travels!Back To Main