December 10th, 2018
Happy December AV8 neighbors! We are so excited for the holiday season. That especially goes for Christmas. And thankfully, we have created an entire blog post mapping out all the Christmas fun you can have this year in San Diego.
Free Holiday Events
Lots of spending will be going on this month so there is nothing better than some free holiday fun. This year, you can enjoy the following:
- Balboa Park December Nights: First up, join in on the good times at Balboa Park with two nights of food and entertainment. The festivities run from December 7th to the 8th and includes carolers, live music, light displays, and more!
- La Mesa’s Holiday in the Village: Then we have the Holiday Village in La Mesa. Each year, La Mesa goes through a Victorian Wonderland transformation. Walk the streets of this historic area and experience live music, cozy fires, and food from December 7th through the 8th.
It is not a Christmas without a parade, and San Diego has tons! This year, we have:
- Oceanside Harbor Parade of Lights: There are a number of parades happening the first weekend of December. And first up is the Oceanside Harbor Parade of Lights on Saturday, December 8th from 7 PM to 9 PM.
- Mission Bay Christmas Boat Parade of Lights: Before you head to Oceanside, spend the late afternoon at Mission Bay on Saturday, December 8th from 6 PM to 9 PM for their boat parade.
- Port of San Diego Bay: Then there is our favorite boat parade. More than 80 lavish boats will be sailing by the San Diego port. Best of all, they are running two separate days! Sunday, December 9th and Sunday, December 16th from 5 PM to 7 PM.
- The Vet + Pet West Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade: Yes, that’s correct! Gaslamp Quarter has their very own pet parade happening Sunday, December 16th from 1 PM to 5 PM.
There is no Christmas without the Grinch! That said, make your way over to the Old Globe Theatre at Balboa Park for their annual holiday production of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The show is going until December 29th and runs from 7 PM to 9 PM with tickets ranging from $19 to $29.
The options are endless! And, there is nothing wrong with staying in at your AV8 apartment either. Whatever you choose to do, we hope you have a fantastic Christmas!Back To Main